- You can snooze and unsnooze notifications on Slack
through the “Do Not Disturb” menu.
- Both the desktop and mobile versions of Slack have a
bell icon that can be used to snooze and unsnooze
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more
Slack is a
chat program that can be immensely convenient to workers in a large
office, or who are working far away from each other — for
example, if they’re working from home.
However, as fast-paced as Slack can be,
it can also become overwhelming. If you’re a member of too many
channels, you might find that Slack is constantly sending you new
notifications without stop. It won’t take long for the gentle Slack
notification jingle to become a nuisance.
If this is the case, you might want to consider using Slack’s “Do
Not Disturb” feature, which lets you snooze notifications for a set
amount of time. While notifications are snoozed, you won’t receive
any alerts for new messages, even if they’re directed at you
Once you’ve snoozed your notifications, it only takes a click to
unsnooze them again.
Here’s how to snooze and unsnooze notifications on Slack, using
the desktop app for Mac and PC, or the mobile app for iPhone and
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
MacBook Pro (From $1,299.99 at Best Buy)
Lenovo IdeaPad (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
iPhone 11 (From $699.99 at Best Buy)
Samsung Galaxy S10 (From $899.99 at Best Buy) How to
snooze and unsnooze Slack notifications on desktop
1. Launch the Slack app on your Mac and PC and
click the bell icon located in the top-left, next to the name of
2. Choose how long you’d like to snooze
notifications for. You can choose anywhere from a half hour to an
entire week, or click “Custom” to go even longer.
3. You can also click “Do Not Disturb schedule”
to specify a specific time every day to snooze notifications. This
is great for automatically turning off notifications when you leave
Your notifications are now snoozed. To unsnooze them:
4. Open the Slack app again and click the bell
5. Click “Resume notifications now.”
How to snooze and unsnooze Slack notifications in the
The snoozing bell is somewhat hidden in the mobile app.
1. Launch the Slack app on your iPhone or
Android device and open any channel.
2. Swipe left, or tap the three dots in the
top-right corner to open a side menu with a list of options.
3. Select “Do Not Disturb.”
4. You’ll be presented with a list of preset
times. Pick how long you’d like to snooze your notifications for,
or tap “Custom” to set your own snoozing time.
Once you’re ready to unsnooze your notifications, simply open
this menu again and tap “Turn Off.”
Related coverage from How To Do Everything:
- How to rename a Slack channel in 2
ways and give every group in your office a distinctive
- There’s a super-easy way to see who
sends the most Slacks at your company — here’s how to do
- How to sign out of Slack completely
on all of your devices in 5 simple steps
- How to add emojis to your text in
Slack, or add a custom emoji for your entire workspace to
- How to delete Slack messages that
you’ve sent, and what to do if you can’t delete them
Source: FS – All Tech News
How to snooze and unsnooze your notifications in Slack, so you're not overwhelmed by alerts